Saturday, December 3, 2011

another day

so, i called my GP last week about my tongue being swollen from the Lasix. i called her because my onc was out of town for several more days, and a nurse on a cancer support group i belong to was pretty insistent that the tongue swollen thing was dangerous and i should report it and get something else. so i did. dr. babbitt called in a different scrip. off hand i'm not sure what it was, but it seems to be working out fine. no more swollen tongue, and actually the sores on the end of my tongue are getting lots better as well. bizarre. i wonder if the lasix was causing both?

i have been trying really hard to brush my teeth more often, which is likely helping as well. i bought some "colgate wisps", they're little disposable tooth brushes with a tiny gob of toothpaste or something in the middle. i have them at work and when i think about it, i brush my teeth. i'm guessing that's helping with my mouth sores. so it's hard to tell.

i continue to have some swelling/edema even with the new diuretic. i've been a little afraid to take it more than every other day, altho dr babbitt prescribed it for everyday, because i'm worried about  low blood pressure. but i think i'll try it tomorrow and monday and see how that goes, since i have two days off. not being able to get in the yarn shop and work is always a concern for me, so i try to work around that a lot.

i'm finding more and more, that doing things that challenge my mind and keep me involved help with being able to ignore the side effects. i'm working on designing a knit pattern. i think there'll be a lot more designing and dyeing yarn in the future, since these "normal" (for me) things seem to help me feel better. i think doing as many normal things as possible is important.

i'm having a harder staying warm lately. i find that i need to take several baths a day to keep my feet at a normal temperature. and nothing else seems to make much difference. well, i shouldn't say that, wearing wool socks makes the situation bearable in between baths and bed and laying with my feet up wrapped in blankets, and sitting cuddled up with the little heater i have behind the counter at work. it is something i worry about a bit. but so far, it seems to not be anything but inconvenient.

stephen's choir is caroling downtown today. he was allowed to invite friends, etc. so amanda is going along. hopefully he can convince them to come caroling at the shop! marti and company will be painting panels this afternoon as well. plus i have lessons to teach. so, it won't be a lonely afternoon! hope yours is full of fun!

2 comments:

  1. I am sooo glad the new prescription is working!! Do you have a snuggie at work? That might help along with the heater and wool socks of course. :-)
    I can't wait to see the new colorways and patterns! You go girl!!!
    Caroling will put everyone in the Christmas Spirit!! Go Stephen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes or we have to design you some kind of footsie snuggie out of lanaloft perhaps felted or felted and double layered....

    ReplyDelete