Friday, September 30, 2011

i've been betrayed

i had this realization today. i feel like i've been betrayed. by my own body. and therefore, i can't believe any of the things my body might do are normal. every single thing that is odd or that i hadn't noticed before is now suspect. is it caused by my leukemia? is it really really aweful?

additionally today after 2 weeks of waiting on gleevec i finally asked the cancer care clinic to do a blood draw. sure enough my WBCC is back up to 88,000 (normal 4,000-10,000). it doesn't really make me trust my doctors or the clinic when they didn't keep track of this. i get that i need to responsible for my own health, but i wasn't expecting to have to be responsible in quite this way.

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately you are one of many people and only you can make sure you get the best care. It really sucks but with all 6 of Johns surgeries and follow ups I quickly learned what we needed to "remind" them about because they would let us know. It sucks but keep on top of it!!

    ReplyDelete