Wednesday, September 28, 2011

bone marrow biopsy.

jeremy got up the morning of the biopsy and told me he just didn't think he could watch. so i called several people and eventually got my aunt (a benedictine nun here in rapid city) to go along to pray with me. i'm a terrible catholic. i dont' go to church. i dont' really pray. but this morning i pulled out the rosary my dad made my mom years ago (that she had given to me after he died) and took it along. the doc was very nice. or as nice as anyone can be who is sticking a huge needle into your bone.

i won't describe the pain. suffice it to say that while he said it would feel like a bee sting, i think it only be like a bee sting if the bee were the size of my mini-cooper. what should have taken 20 minutes took almost 50 because my bones are uncooperative.

a friend had offered to bring us lunch when it was all over. after we got home she brought me quiche. i ate a few bites and was full. oh, this isn't surprising because i remember now, dr. babbit said my spleen which should be the size of a fist was what made her think i was pregant. it was the size of a basketball. OMG. sharon and i tried talk. my phone started ringing. and just wouldn't stop. first one person then another who had heard the news called. then the lab called. they hadn't gotten enough bone marrow and could i come in for a blood draw. sharon took me to that. what an awesome friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment