Wednesday, September 28, 2011

hydrea

i'm trying to post all this at once while it is still reasonably fresh.

i started taking hydrea on thursday. i don't remember specifically when the mouth pain started but it was fairly quickly. i had to drive to la crosse with a friend on friday. we went for a blood draw. then left. the pain at the bone marrow biopsy location was incredible. i wouldn't recommend taking a 9 hour drive the day after, but my doc thought it woudl be fine.

we visited with friends while in la crosse. some that i needed to tell in person about this diagnosis. i was in pain. i cried. (i hate that) and i made rude jokes about having cancer.

by monday i was on a lower dose of hydrea. only taking 4 pills a day, instead of 6. my WBCC was down to 130,000 already. by thursday at my follow up visit i was off hydrea and my WBCC was 57,000.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say that I am here for you. Going through this cancer hell is miserable and I've been through it and its never easy. I cried all the time too. It's normal and our emotions are all a wreck because of this disease we are facing. It's okay to cry, vent, scream, or otherwise deal with this crap as we can. Hang in there and you will surprise yourself how strong you can be and that you are survive this.

    ReplyDelete